Sunday, October 12, 2008

the big empty

i've been sitting in front of an empty screen for about about 20 minutes. my head is so full right now, it should be easy to write about something. anything. but some things are too good to write about. sometimes putting things into tangible sentences wears the shine off of them.

i slept for a lot of the day, which was much needed - i haven't been sleeping well lately, and find myself up at 4:30 every morning, and then again at 6 and 6:30. Makes a too-early start to a saturday.

i am trying to come back to colorado for xmas. it's been a few years since i've seen my family all in one place, so i think it's overdue. all of you know i'm not a giant fan of the holidays, but i'm oddly looking forward to finding a jacket in the depths of my closet that is warm enough to get me through 5 days on the front range. it's not set in stone yet, but a good possibility..

in the meantime, i'm trying to value myself more, overthink things less, and just enjoy what comes at me without asking the whys or the what-ifs.

No comments: